The Bibbulmun Track: a budget and a spot of belt tightening
- make a personal donation which will cover the organisational costs.
- Join an “Open Group” and pay for the trip yourself, then make your own arrangements to raise for your favourite charity.
- Accommodation - I have factored in some rest, or “zero”, days at each track town. I’m allowing for 21 nights but, once again, as I become fitter, this will be less.
- Transport - I have to get to Australia, of course, so there is the return flight. Then there is getting to and from the track.
- Food - This includes bulk buying freeze dried meals, snacks, allowing for proper meals in track towns, and not forgetting a beer or two.
- Equipment – this is for items I will need to buy out there, such as stove fuel and the replacement of any damaged, worn out or lost items.
- Home Expenses – Unfortunately, while I am away, my life in the UK isn’t put on hold. There are still Rent and Utility Bills that need covering, and this has to be included as a substantial chunk of my time away is unpaid leave.